Birdies for Charity - THE PLAYERS Championship 2020
Who is eligible to participate?
Northeast Florida charitable organizations that are recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) are eligible to participate in Birdies for Charity.
How does Birdies for Charity work?
- Charitable organizations solicit individuals to make a donation (minimum $20) to their organization via the Birdies for Charity program
- The individual solicited to make a donation is also given the chance to make a guess at how many birdies will be made at THE PLAYERS Championship 2019. A tie-breaker question will also be asked.
- After THE PLAYERS Championship is over, the individual who guesses the exact number of birdies made (or closest thereto) has a chance to win the Grand Prize... $10,000!
- In the event of a tie, a winner will be determined by who most accurately guesses the total number of balls hit into the water at No. 17. If there are multiple winners after the initial tie-breaker, THE PLAYERS will ask additional tie-breaker questions until a grand prize winner is determined.
How does this benefit the charitable organization?
THE PLAYERS Championship has committed $300,000 to the Birdies for Charity BONUS POOL, which provides participating charities the opportunity to receive bonus dollars. Organizations are divided into two tiers. Included in Tier 1 are organizations with an operating budget of up to $1 million. Tier 2 includes organizations with an operating budget of more than $1 million.
- Tier 1 Bonus Pool = $150,000
- Tier 2 Bonus Pool = $150,000
Who is eligible to donate?
All donations must be provided by an individual, NOT a company or foundation. Each donor must make a Birdies guess and answer a tie-breaker question for their donation to be an eligible entry assigned to the charity of their choice, as listed on the charity's donation report Form.
Oct 21 - Mar 12, 2020
Birdies for Charity Contest
Make a donation to your favorite charity, guess how many birdies will be made at THE PLAYERS 2020
2019 Birdies for Charity Official Rules
Birdies for the Brave
Birdies for the Brave was created in 2004 by PGA TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy, in collaboration with Glenn Cohen, to raise funds for combat-wounded veterans. Thanks to their vision and the passionate support of PGA TOUR players, tournament fans, volunteers, TPC club members and corporate sponsors, Birdies for the Brave has grown exponentially across the PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions and Web.com Tour.
Today, the program encompasses a broad spectrum of military outreach and appreciation activities conducted during PGA TOUR tournaments, as well as a series of fundraising events hosted at the TOUR’s TPC clubs and partner courses across the nation – an effort that has raised much-needed funds for military homefront charities that are supported by PGA TOUR players, which provide direct services for military members, veterans, and their families ranging from financial aid and rehabilitation programs to housing, counseling and educational scholarships and career development and recruitment.
Jan 01 -
Birdies for the Brave is a national military outreach initiative dedicated to honoring and expressing gratitude to the courageous men and women of the United States Armed Forces and their families
PGA TOUR Wives
The Association was incorporated in 1988 by wives of professional golfers on the PGA TOUR. With PGA TOUR events serving as a major platform for charity, the wives found themselves in a unique position to be an effective source of funds and support for the charities and the children they benefit. Since its inception, the Association has expanded its membership to include Korn Ferry Tour wives, significant others of both the PGA TOUR and Korn Ferry Tour, and individuals and companies who support the Association’s charitable endeavors. The PGA TOUR Wives Association has given back to our golfing communities and child-related charities through volunteerism and over $5,000,000 in contributions. In addition to fundraising, members participate in Volunteer Service Projects, performing a myriad of services in communities where tournaments are held.
PGA TOUR Wives Member Dues